Assistive Technology Updata: indata project

caesg
    Participant

Hi, All. I go by “caesg” and I listened to the disability tek interview today on the Assistive Technology Update indata project podcast. I’ve uploaded a set up. I’m preparing to retrain as my previous career is no longer accessible to me (for a variety of reasons, and I’m done trying to make it accessible after many many years of attempting.) I am retraining as a web developer. On the podcast, there was mention of some websites being more accessible than others. Since I’ll be working in web dev, is there a particular “go to” guide that I should be aware of to make sure that the websites I develop are optimally accessible?

3660 noahcallan
    noahcallan
    Keymaster

Hi Caesg! Thanks for joining our community and even more so by uploading a ‘User Set Up’. That is a good question to ask. I suggest that you have a look at User Way as it covers WCAG 2.1 , ATAG 2.0 , ADA , & Section 508 requirements. We have it too. You are most welcome to check it out by clicking on the accessibility icon in the top right icon on our site.

caesg
    Participant

Awesome! Thanks for the head’s up, Noah. I’ll check back in to let y’all know how it goes as I approach the point of actually building websites.

3663 noahcallan
    noahcallan
    Keymaster

You are welcome!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.